“What are my options for teeth whitening?” This one of the most common questions we are asked by patients. Dr. Hansen has extensive teeth whitening experience in his dental office in Apex, North Carolina. The good news is that you have options! Three options actually. You have the option of choosing between Take Home Whitening and In-Office Whitening, or both! Here are the top things you need to know about teeth whitening so that you can make an informed decision about what type of whitening is best for you and your needs.
There are benefits and drawbacks to each method, and it is important for you to understand both before making your decision. Dr. Hansen and our team in Apex are always happy to answer any additional questions you have at 919-363-8444. We always get a little excited about whitening! When you see the results…you will know why!
Take-Home Whitening Trays
- Between 6% Hydrogen Peroxide (for sensitive patients) and 14% Hydrogen Peroxide
- can be used anytime
- higher concentration of bleach than over-the-counter products
- trays can last for years!
- continued use allows for long term results
- less expensive ($199)
- have to wear for an extended period of time
- see gradual results
- can result in dental sensitivity
In-Office Whitening with ZOOM
- 25% hydrogen peroxide
- administered by a Dr. Hansen using a higher concentration of hydrogen peroxide than available over the counter combined with a Zoom’s Whitespeed Advanced blue LED light-activated technology which greatly accelerates the whitening process providing dramatic results
- instant whitening after one appointment (instant “wow” factor results)
- easiest method of whitening: one 1-hour appointment
- can treat the harder stains such as tetracycline, (We have patients go up as many as 10 shades in one hour. The lowest number of shades improved was four. That particular patient was already pretty white, but wanted to go whiter, and her teeth looked amazing!!!)
- although it can cause sensitivity, this form of whitening includes a post procedure relief gel that can be worn anytime a patient is feeling sensitivity after their appointment
- more expensive ($499)
- extended period of time of holding mouth open, but we do give you something on which to rest your bite.
- does not independently offer maintenance option
One of the biggest questions we are asked about in office whitening is how long it lasts. Continue reading about our Ultimate Whitening Package to find out we how GIVE (literally…it is our free gift to you!) our patients everything they need to maintain their one time whitening results forever!
Our Ultimate Whitening Package ($499)…in other words…your take home whitening trays are ABSOLUTELY FREE!!!
Because both in-office whitening and take-home whitening trays offer certain benefits that the other does not, using the two together is what we recommend for best results. This is what our team likes to call our “Ultimate Whitening Package!” We want you to have the best results and the benefits of both whitening options, which is why we throw in the take home trays for FREE with this system (a $199 value).
You start by doing a one or two week regimen of a special sensitivity toothpaste that will help prevent sensitivity after or during the appointment. This step is not required, but it is recommended if you have previously experienced sensitivity. You then schedule an appointment for the in office one hour whitening treatment. When you arrive, one of our super friendly team members will take impressions for your bleaching trays. You then receive the ZOOM whitening treatment. While you are receiving your treatment one of our assistants will fabricate your custom whitening trays. By the time you treatment is complete, you will be able to leave wearing your relief gel inside your new trays. This is will help with any immediate sensitivity as well as any sensitivity following the procedure. The best part is that the trays then act as your maintenance program once any initial sensitivity has worn off. Some patients prefer to wait until they notice they have gone down a shade. Some start right away if they want to go a little whiter than the ZOOM whitening took them. Either way, every single one of our patients who have chosen this option have been thrilled with the results of the ZOOM whitening system alone.
Our Ultimate Whitening Package, provides you with everything you need to dramatically and quickly whiten your teeth as well as maintain those beautiful pearly whites!
Wondering more what type of whitening is best for you? Call our office, located in Apex, NC at 919-363-8444 for a free consultation.