A laser is an instrument that produces energy in the form of light. When a laser comes in contact with tissue can cut it or vaporize it. This modern application is effective in dentistry because it allows dentists to shape or remove tissue with phenomenal results.
Dr. Hansen performs laser dentistry for the following procedures:
- Lip and Tongue Tie Release Surgery – also known as a Frenectomy, this procedure removes muscle attachment that inhibits proper movement
- Gingivectomy – removes overgrown tissue, which can be caused by certain medications
- Crown Lengthening – removes gums tissue in order to prepare a tooth for a proper fitting crown
- Periodontal Treatment – removes inflammed gum tissues that are contributing to periodontal disease
- Treatment of Oral Lesions – reduces discomfort associated with canker sores, herpetic, and aphthous ulcers of the oral cavity